Monday 19 November 2007

Mr William Mcewan




In my blogging class today, i was asked to write a piece on a famous Scottish person who died before the 1950s. I chose a man called William Mcewan who changed the Sottish market for beer write up to the currnet day.
Mr William Mcewan opened the fountain brewery in 1856 and before it become public in 1889 it was already valued at 1 million pounds.
The reason i chose William is that he has changed Scotland and still has left an impact. Unlike the heroes that whee would usualy talk about "William Wallace" this man William Mcwan did not win Scottish independance but simply made a great tasting lager.

Questions

Q. Where were you born William?
A. I was born in Edinburgh not fae away from where i made my fortune.


Q. Have you been married?
A. "I never made time for Women in my life but now well... I wish I had.


Q. Are you currently happy with your success and your merging with ur rival and becoming Scottish Brewers?


A. Oh yes I'am very happy I have succeded in my life and hope that my name will be remembered for years to come and that my ale will be drunk all over the world.

Q. Was it Your father that inspired you to go into the Ale industry or another reason?

A. I think it was my Uncle really a mixture of him and my Father that made me go into it because as a child I was always around the Brewery so that was an insperation.

Q. If you do not mind me asking what is the key to your success?

A. Ahh if you want anything bad enough you will stick at it like i have it takes allot of commitment to do what i have done but i'am only human and therefor what i have achieved can be done by any one.








1 comment:

Shaun Byres said...

Arrrrgggh! *does the pirate pose*